Apply to Volunteer
Please select one location: PIH Health Downey or Whittier, and please submit only #1 application.
We ask that you apply only if you are able to answer YES to the following questions:
- Are you willing to commit to a regular shift on a weekly basis? Please consider other commitments before applying (i.e. finals, vacations, school, work). A typical shift is 3 hours to 4 hours a week.
- Are you willing to commit to 100 hours of service during your first year of service?
- Do you understand there is no one-day, short-term, or summer only volunteer opportunities at PIH Health? We ask for at least a 6 month commitment.
- Are you willing to leave everything at the door to give your very best to the patient and their families under your care? Your attitude is what makes a difference.
- Do you understand volunteering is not a guarantee in procuring a job? However, it is a great way to learn about the medical field.
Once you apply, you will receive an automated e-mail confirming your submission; be sure to check your “spam or junk” mail folders for this confirmation.